Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Twisted Thrifter

Yesterday I posted on Buzzfeed at the behest of a darling IG friend, Aubrey. I posted about these silly and disturbing pictures I enjoy doing. The post I wrote is HERE.  I sold at "auction" two pictures for my child's elementary school arts program and intend to do more, they are trying to raise 10,000.

Tonight is this fundraiser:



http://provomayor.com/2015/01/24/sweetart-spectacular-fundraising-event/


The first I sold was Thomas Kinkade Crime Scene, above, to Kevin Auernig at Sodalicious.  I had the best time dropping it off because the employees were morbidly fascinated by it and I just love that. Plus I got to order myself a Skinny Southern Gentlemen Extra Dirty which makes me chuckle every time because I'm still 12.


I sold Firestarter to designer Dave Eliason. I think it turned out amazingly, if I do say so myself.


I have this one left to complete, I will just call it...Fetch.  I'm adding dogs.  Loooots of dogs.

This one was commissioned by my good friend Becky who shares a love for all things absurd.  Co-incidentally, or not, I was her TA in Art in 7th grade. So kids, be nice to your TAs.  You may still be friends when you're 40.

I'm having so much fun that I am now in the market for loads of old art.  Paintings, prints and photographs.  Anything tacky and/or odd.  Make a donation to me, and you're making a donation to the Edgemont Arts program!


2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! I had no idea you did this kind of art. I've always loved it. You're extra super amazing!

Emily said...

P.S. My parents have some Kinkade paintings. I'll never look at them the same way again.